Friday, July 8, 2016

Telling My Story

Welcome to my new creative outlet. I hope you find something interesting, come back often and share by commenting frequently. I plan to create a community where we can share experiences and ideas for living well and thriving.

A little about me:  Life has really thrown me some curve balls lately. You know those stress surveys? I don't want to take one because I know it wouldn't be pretty. I have gone back to school. I have recently ended an 11+ year relationship. I have moved out on my own (quickly and with the help of others). My siblings and I are making difficult decisions about an aging parent. I am working on prioritizing self care, reconnecting with family and friends and living well. I could not have made it through these life changing events without the love and support of my family and friends. They banded together to form #teamamy and thanks to them, I am living, thriving, moving forward and as I say, Amy 2.0 is ready to take on the world.

This quote from Anne Lamott has spoken to me in the last few months. I have been reluctant to take ownership of many of the things that have happened in my life. I have been more than reluctant to talk about it or write about it. That is not the case any more. I own everything. This is not a place for me to bitch and passive-aggressively out anyone's transgressions. I will be working on moving forward and living well.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome!