Saturday, July 9, 2016

5 meals perfect for cooking for one, two or suitable for leftovers!

Growing up in a large family, I always thought that every recipe for potato salad started with at least a five pound bag of potatoes! I remember the first time I made potato salad when I was in college. My roommates and I ate it for a week. I am a big fan of repurposing leftovers for breakfast (top it with a fried egg!) or lunch (leftover grilled protein on a salad is a favorite.) You may not be. Here is a list of five quick and easy meals perfect for one (with leftovers) or two. They are all meals I have made in the last month.

  • I clean a pound of shrimp and freeze it in serving sized bags. They thaw quickly under cold running water and are easily thrown on the grill for making a single serving of shrimp fajitas. Grill up some peppers and onions and warm up a tortilla or two and you are in business.


  •  This recipe from one of my favorite blogs, Nom Nom Paleo is delicious and the leftovers freeze easily and make a great breakfast crisped up in the frying pan and topped with an egg! 





  •  Another favorite recipe from Nom Nom paleo is perfect for leftovers.



  • One package of chicken breasts, butterflied and grilled with your favorite barbeque sauce and one vidalia onion, sliced into thick slices and brushed with olive oil and salt and pepper make a great meal with more leftovers for topping tomorrow's salad!

  • This is actually a meal for three but two hungry people could eat it! I made three burgers out of a pound of ground beef and grilled skewers of shrimp I had in the freezer. I usually eat my burgers bun-less and it was great topped with my homemade guacamole (subject for a future post) and the grilled shrimp.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome!